You might have heard the name 'Blog Angels' popping up all over your social media over the last few months and wondered, what ARE they going on about? Last month, you may have noticed my posts about being a Blog Angel for the first time, and my gushing about my new BFF (blog friend forever!) Tiffanie from Life with the Little Man.
Blog Angels is run by Rosie at Craftbotic. Every two months 100 bloggers get the opportunity to help each other out, build friendships and community in the Blogosphere. She's here to tell you how it all works:
The principle is easy. By signing up to be a Blog Angel you are promising to help another blogger for a whole month. The least you need to do is comment twice a week on their blog, but the possibilities to do more is endless.
In the first two rounds of Blog Angels, we had people commenting, guest-posting, giving social media shout outs, new blog design features and warm words of encouragement. Some people swapped addresses and sent little packages. The choices are endless.
So what's the catch? Well, it's all done in secret. For this round, things are changing slightly. Here are all of the details:
1. Sign up is TODAY, September 15th. The form you fill in can be found at my blog, but also on these sites:
2. The form is slightly more detailed to help with the matching process. It still takes less than 5 minutes to complete though.
3. The project will start on October 1st (hey, that's my birthday!) and will be secret for the first two weeks. This will allow you to get to know your blogger, build up a relationship and begin to help them. You would need to - as a minimum - comment twice a week on their blog.
4. After two weeks you link up a 'reveal' post at Craftbotic on October 15th.
5. You can then communicate with your blogger and give them more specific help, build friendships and develop your role. This is the newest part of the project and came out of a long conversation with the angel regulars.
6. On October 31st you write a 'reflection' post reviewing your experience of Blog Angels and what you achieved with your Blog Angel.
It's pretty simple. These small steps will help you to be part of growing community of bloggers who care.
On a serious note, there is always a 'drop off' of Blog Angels. Those folks who get busy and disappear. Apart from being incredibly uncool, it is completely unnecessary. Please make sure you have time to help out in October BEFORE signing up. If life gets crazy you just need to email and let Rosie know. Orphaned bloggers can then be reassigned. In Blog Angels, the only thing you are guaranteed is the opportunity to help some-one else.
What an amazing opportunity that is! The first 100 people to sign-up before September 25th will be taking part. We all hope that it will include you!